READ THE BOOK OF JOSHUA ONLINE, STUDY AND UNDERSTAND THE DYNAMICS OF THE BIBLE
The Book of Judges relates the difficult period after the conquest of Canaan by Joshua, when the twelve tribes began to settle in the territories assigned to them. The Book follow a consistent pattern: the people are unfaithful to Yahweh and He therefore delivers them into the hands of their enemies; the people repent and entreat Yahweh for mercy, which he sends in the form of a leader or champion (a "judge"; see shophet); the judge delivers the Israelites from oppression and they prosper, but soon they fall again into unfaithfulness and the cycle is repeated. The earliest the book of Judges could have been written is after the monarchy of Israel was established (1020 B.C.). However, it could have been written as late as the exile (586 – 538 B.C.). The book's author is not explicitly mentioned.
BIBLICAL OUTLINE OF THE BOOK OF JUDGES
Even though the book of Judges has a lot of chapters, they could be put in the following outline for easy Bible Study. Below is the Biblical outline of the book of Judges.
- I. Faltering conquest (1:1-2:5)
- Joshua’s victory was only partial (Josh. 15:63, 16:10, 17:13, 24:16-20)
- The conquest was incomplete and idolatry increased (Judges 2:12,14)
- II. Cycles under the rule of “the Judges” (2:6-16:31)
- cycle of oppression, retribution, mercy, deliverance, sin…. -Samson (13-16)
- III. Anarchy was rampant under Levites: religious and moral disorder (17-21).
The book of Judges is a fascinating collection of stories containing humor, tragedy, and irony. Following the successful endeavors of Joshua, the next generations are faced with the challenge of continuing the acquisition of the Promised Land. But in contrast to the faithfulness that marked Joshua’s generation, the present Israelites proved far more fickle. Several narratives are strung together with a rich diversity of characters.
Each story is comical and tragic. Despite God’s abiding presence and faithfulness, the Israelites choose to abandon God’s ways and seek their own desires. Each narrative records the great consequences of their actions and their plea to God for help. Revealing their folly and faithlessness, God continually rescued Israel from their self-afflicted plight.
Two central lessons are found in the book of Judges: First, the welfare of the nation depended directly on a knowledge of God’s will, the Torah; Second, God would punish his people for their unfaithfulness to his covenant.
- The Nature of Humanity - humanity is capable of great goodness as well as the greatest shame
- The Abiding Presence of God - God is always with his people, despite the appearance of his absence
- Consequences - Acts of infidelity do render consequences despite God’s grace and forgiveness God’s Constant Rescue of his people.
WHERE CAN I READ THE BOOK OF JUDGES?
There is no doubt that reading the Bible has being a great source of Blessing to many in the World. As people of the way, we have a responsibility to remain connected with our maker by making sure that we continually and persistently commune with our Maker through His Word. Study of the Word of God is paramount to survival of Life as a Christian.
Many maybe asking this same question of where to read the Bible. Well, the Best answer is to get a Bible and dedicate time to studying the Word of GOD that you may grow. This website (Bible-book.org) which is a divine tool for destiny change and one of the best websites for studying the Word of God has taken a divine responsibility to make the Bible readily available for everyone to read online. Bible-book.org presents the Bible in King James Version to the world for easy reading everywhere, at any time for free online.
You can read the book of Judges at Bible-book.org for free Online. At Bible-book.org, the Book of Judges is presented to you in various formats online for easy understanding and for advancing our walk of faith which includes;
- Book of Judges audiobook for audio display of the Bible
- Book of Judges king James version in English translation
- Illustrated ( Comics )book of Judges
- Book of Judges with images
With the Audiobook of Judges, you can listen to the book of Judges online for free as well as read the book online for free. At Bible-book.org, the book of Judges comes with pictures for viewing while reading. With determination and persistence, we as a people can live up to expectation of being rooted in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ by studying the Bible both offline and Online.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THE BOOK OF JUDGES?
- The book of Judges bustles with colorful characters.
- Ehud, a left-handed political assassin who cleverly dispatches a corpulent king.
- Deborah, a bold prophet and matriarch of Israel who musters tribes to war.
- Samson, a Rambo-like warrior who dallies with women and annihilates Philistines in a temple of doom.
To Christian readers Judges is interesting, sometimes inspiring, but also puzzling. What message should we take from it? How are we to understand the ambiguous spirituality of the judges themselves? What was God doing during this wayward period between Joshua and Samuel? With wit, insight and sensitivity to the narrator's art, Michael Wilcock answers these and other questions. God himself is the Judge, he argues, who transcends the uncertain record of human judges. He is the principal actor in this drama. Always ready to respond to those who call on him, he takes the initiative and uses raw human resources to preserve Israel from her enemies and shape the nation for his purpose. In exposing the twists and turns and nuances of this story, Wilcock sends us back to Judges with a renewed quest, not only to rediscover the story of God and Israel, but to find fresh perspective on the ways of God and his church in a post-Christian world.